Day 5, games report: AFC Women's Futsal Champs

AFC Women
Courtesy: The AFC.com

Group B: Chinese Taipei 6-1 Bangladesh

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Bangkok: Chinese Taipei confirmed their place in the AFC Women’s Futsal Championship quarter-finals with a 6-1 win over eliminated Bangladesh at Huamark Indoor Stadium on Sunday.

Chang Yao-ming’s side had too much class for their young opponents, scoring four first half goals in a win which sets up a last eight clash against the winners of Group A at the same venue on Wednesday.

With their progression to the second round looking likely going into the match, Chinese Taipei made a dream start when Bangladesh goalkeeper Rupna Chakma deflected Chung Yi-hsuan’s cross into her own net in the first minute.

They doubled the lead two minutes later when Lin Ya-hui was given far too much time and space, and took full advantage by slamming ball into the roof of the net from five metres.

Tang Yung-ching put Chinese Taipei in a commanding position when her speculative low free-kick went through a see of legs to make it 3-0 after 10 minutes.

Bangladesh created enough chances to be competitive, but their finishing let them down as Sanjida Akhter and Maria both missed sitters, before Wang Shu-wen showed them how it was done at the end other of the court with a clinical strike to make it 4-0 at half time.

The South Asians came out firing after the break and got their goal when an excellent run by Maria created a chance for captain Sabina Khatun, who fired home from three metres in the 23rd minute.

The skipper almost scored another just seconds later, but Bangladesh’s rising momentum suffered a blow when a Sheuli Azim error opened the door for Kuo Tsu-erh to make it 5-1 with a simple close-tange finish.

Lin Ya-hui scored an absolute beauty with 10 minutes remaining, skipping past a defender before dispatching an unstoppable shot hard into the bottom corner, before some committed Bangladeshi defending kept the scoreline from expanding further.

Chinese Taipei now have Wednesday's quarter-finals to look forward to, while Golam Robbani Choton’s young charges return home having gained valuable experience at the continental level.

Chang Yao-ming:Chinese Taipei Head Coach

“Being in the quarter-finals is our first goal for this tournament and today we are glad most of the players had the chance to play. Some of the players had cards or picked up injuries in the first or second match, so today was a good chance for our players to practice so they can produce their best in the quarter-final.”

Golam Robbani Choton: Bangladesh Head Coach

“Today I think our girls showed what they learned in the first two matches. We have a lot of talented players here, but they’re new to futsal. I think they’re becoming a good futsal team. They are becoming more confident and today we had four or five great chances. I think they did very well.”

Courtesy: The AFC.com

Group B: Malaysia 1-3 Vietnam

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Bangkok: Vietnam claimed top spot in Group B of the AFC Women’s Futsal Championship 2018 after beating Malaysia 3-1 on Sunday.

In an all Southeast Asian affair at the Bangkok Arena, Malaysia needed nothing less than a win to secure a spot in the last eight after their 4-2 defeat to Chinese Taipei, while Vietnam only had to avoid defeat.

The two teams were equally matched in their speed and movements, but it was clear that Vietnam respected their rivals and played more defensively, looking to pounce on Malaysia’s mistakes.

Vietnam finally broke the deadlock, with Do Thi Nguyen opening the scoring 17 minutes into the game.

In the 18th minute, Vietnam kept Malaysia’s defenders eparated with their long range passes across the court and eventually Nguyen Thi Thanh dashed forward on the left flank before setting up Nguyen Thi Thanh for a fine finish from close range.

However, Malaysia showed that they were still looking for a win, and a minute later Zurain Kamarudin positioned herself in the thick of the Vietnamese backline to receive Siti Nur Atiqah Rashid’s corner kick, where she made no mistake from close range to reduce the deficit.

After the break, the fierce contest between the two continued, with both sides making attempts of their own, but credit to the two goalkeepers Wan Zufirah Nasir and Ngo Nguyen Thuy Linh for making fine saves in the second half.

Truong Quoc Tuan’s side was feeling the Malaysian’s pressure to equalise, and they even came close in the 18th minute when Intan Sarah Anisah dribbled outside the box before releasing a strike that flew wide.

With less than two minutes left on the clock, Malaysia opted for power play, and less than a minute later, Vietnam regained their two-goal advantage when Thuy Linh’s throw found Trinh Nguyen Thanh Hang in the final third before finding the the back of the net.

Vietnam finished as Group B leaders, and will face the Group A runners-up Indonesia in the quarter-finals on Wednesday.

Truong Quoc Tuan: Vietnam Head Coach

“After three games I feel my players are improving. Malaysia needed to score at least two goals and we knew that, so our tactical instructions were for our players to prevent that. Of course we’ll try to go further and further in the tournament and we’ll prepare our young players for the future.”

Addie Azwan: Malaysia Head Coach

“First I want to congratulate Vietnam on reaching the quarter-finals. I think today was a good team and they played better. We tried so many things but we couldn’t score. Our team played a good controlled game and tried hard to win this game, but we couldn’t do it.”

Courtesy: The AFC.com

Group A: Indonesia 9-0 Macau

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Bangkok: Tournament debutants Indonesia reached the AFC Women's Futsal Championship 2018 quarter-finals after beating Macau 9-0 on Wednesday.

After an impressive performance in their 1-1 draw against Thailand - that kept Group A wide open - Indonesia maintained their fine form in the match against Macau, and it took less than two minutes before the Southeast Asians opened the scoring when Rani's shot on goal deflected off Kuan Chi Kio and into the net.

Indonesia doubled their lead with a corner set piece just moments after the restart with Fitri releasing a crackling shot that beat Macau goalkeeper Chao Tsz Wai.

Macau kept to head coach Chiang Ka Chon's game plan of playing defensive but Indonesia, with their free reign on possession, eventually furthered their advantage with Rani's strike to the bottom right net, before skipper Novita's sublime cross found Fitri in the box and she made no mistake from close range at the 15th minute.

Indonesia returned in the second half at the Bangkok Arena more motivated to secure an emphatic win, and within the first minute of returning to the court, Rani found the back of the net after latching on to a stray ball outside the box.

To their credit, the East Asians were disciplined in their defences, but Sumianto's charges were definitely more experienced and easily spotted gaps and Hilda etched her name on the scoresheet 25 minutes into the game, before scoring her brace 45 seconds later to make it 7-0.

Fitri completed her hat-trick in the 28th minute after sidestepping Fong Lok Wa and let loose a superb kick to the top right corner.

Indonesia unleashed some outstanding long range strikes, none more so in the 33rd minute with Anggi's shot that gave little time for Macau's custodian to react.

Indonesia earned a deserved spot in the final eight, and will now prepare to face Group B leaders Vietnam on Wednesday.

Kensuke Takahashi: Indonesia Coach

“It really was a pretty difficult games for us, but we maintained our focus and I’m happy with the result. We already scouted Vietnam and I’m not telling the players just yet about how we will prepare, but we have two days to do so. We are very confident that we can go to the semi-finals."

Chiang Ka Chon: Macau Head Coach

“Although the match result isn’t quite we wanted, we are quite satisfied with the players’ performance. In the first half the players were not concentrating enough and we conceded a few goals, but in the second half they started concentrating and we did a lot better. Throughout the whole tournament we can see the hard work and improvement of the players.”

Courtesy: The AFC.com

Group A: Thailand 8-0 Hong Kong

Sunday, May 6, 2018

Bangkok: Thailand took the lead straight from the kick-off and never looked like losing it as they beat Hong Kong 8-0, to finish on top of Group A at the AFC Women’s Futsal Championship 2018.

Jenjira Bubpha put the hosts in front after just nine seconds, and Mutita Senkram added a second a minute later to effectively dash Hong Kong’s hopes in a match where Thailand’s starting quartet contributed the first six goals.

Udom Taveesuk’s side will now face Chinese Taipei in Wednesday’s quarter-finals, as they continue their quest to add the AFC championship to the Asian Indoor Games and SEA Games titles they won in 2017.

Thailand wasted no time in stamping their authority on the match, as Jenjira slammed home a loose ball after Mutita’s initial effort was saved and the pair switched roles a minute later when Mutita finished off Jenjira’s pass to make it 2-0 in just over 60 seconds.

Hong Kong needed to win to keep their own campaign alive, but the writing was on the wall for the East Asians when Saischa Phothiwong ruthlessly punished a heavy defensive touch by Yuen Hoi Dik Heidi in the eighth minute.

The visitors did have chances of their own, with goalkeeper Pannipa Kamolrat denying Cheung Wai-ki and Sin Chung-yee in quick succession, before Saischa scored Thailand’s fourth on the brink of half-time after Mutita’s initial shot was palmed onto the crossbar by Ng Cheuk-wai.

Jenjira made five in the 26th minute after Mutita and Hataichanok Tappakun combined to punish a Hong Kong turnover, and Sasicha completed a hat-trick when she swept home Hataichanok’a corner four minutes later.

Darika Peanpailun became the first non-starter to find the net, and continue her streak of scoring in every game, when she slammed home a penalty after Sin Chun-yee handled the ball.

Goalkeeper Wong Lok-man made a number of late saves to help Hong Kong avoid an even bigger defeat, but the gulf in class was clear, and further emphasised when Natthamon Artkla added an eighth with just 11 seconds remaining to seal a commanding win.

Udom Taveesuk: Thailand Head Coach

“We were able to control the tempo of the match and we were able to score well. We had a big win but we still made some mistakes and we will hope to correct them before the next match. I was here to watch (quarter-final opponent) Chinese Taipei against Bangladesh and I noticed they have more of a physical side than Hong Kong. We’ll go back and look at the video and create a tactic for the next match.”

Ho Wing Kam: Hong Kong Head Coach

“We feel very proud of our team and their performance. Hong Kong don’t have much competitive experience. Thailand have SEA Games and other competitions while we have only this tournament once every two years. We tried to score, even though we were away from home.”

Posted by Luca Ranocchiari --> luca.ranocchiari@futsalplanet.com


Send this news to a friend:
Your Name:   Friend's Mail:  Send!Send the Mail!

For more details visit also:


Visualize all Polls